October 7, 2014

Make Way for the Public Gardens

If I could pick any apartment in Boston, I would choose to live right above the Public Gardens.


I would wake up, brew some tea, and watch tiny ant-sized people walk along the gorgeous, green, trimmed Public Gardens of Boston. Now, I’m sure this apartment is far too expensive, and I could never even imagine owning anything close to this price, but a poor college grad can dream, can’t she?

You’ll understand when you see the pictures of how gorgeous my view was.




Trees from all 50 states, including palm trees, are taken care of in the Gardens. Flora and fauna are gifted to Boston from different countries and continents, representing the world in one large plot of land.




The trees, grass, and shrubs were all bright green, the flowers were blooming, but it was packed full of people. Believe me I was very patient waiting for people to wander out of the frame, but this is a popular location in Boston.


Of the two most popular locations, one was the very famous bench that Robin Williams and Matt Damon frequented in Good Will Hunting.


It was about two weeks, or maybe three weeks, after the announcement of Robin Williams’s death. People were flocking to this bench to leave flowers, pay their respects, and write quotes on the paths around the bench. 




Locals and tourists were still paying respects weeks past his death. I had heard about the bench and all of the chalk-art, but didn’t know when I would find the location. I realized how close I was to the bench when I stumbled upon quotes and well-wishes under my feet.



At least the area was peaceful. The bench overlooked the swan lake, occasional swan boats passed by, and the people were quiet.



The most meaningful words were from his films. He made me smile, laugh, and rethink my entire life. He will always be Peter Pan, Mr. Keating, and Mrs. Doubtfire to me.


Happily, we wandered into the cutest, most adorable, and loveable little areas of the Gardens (and the second most populated).



Look at the little babies!!



“Make Way for the Ducklings,” is a children’s book written about a family of ducklings who make their way through Boston and arrive at their home in the Public Gardens. These tiny statuettes are frequented by children, parents, and anyone who remembers the story. 


Avery isn’t big enough to walk, but Todd was quick to place her on a duckling, hoping for a smile. 





Walking through the Public Gardens made our stomach growl, craving lunchtime. Lucky for us, Cheers is across the street!



The bar is recreated and the menu is pretty delicious. I had a burger, of course. I’m a burger fiend, and when all else fails, cheeseburgers always find a way into my heart.


If you ignore the random men, I’m sure you can imagine the recreation.


(Notice the Moose Head)
Until next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment